Monday, August 29, 2005

Quilted things


First quilty thing I made! Posted by Picasa

Ok ok, I know it's not technically quilted, since I just pieced the front. But hey, it LOOKS like a quilt, right? Last night I finished my first actual quilt, a baby blanket for my sister who is due in two weeks. Hopefully she likes it! It's not perfect, but it will keep him warm and will be good to toss on the floor and let him roll on.

I've started another baby quilt, too. It is also out of 4" squares, since those are the perfect size for all of the fat quarters I now have laying around. After this one, I'll make a pink one, then I'll have my bases covered the next time someone has a baby. I will still have to find regular baby presents for anyone on my husband's side of the family, since they've got several accomplished quilters, and everyone has more quilts than they know what to do with!

No comments: