Monday, April 21, 2008

Updates for 2008

So, happy day in our family, my husband starts his new job today! He's been nothing short of miserable in his last job, which has been sad for him, and also sad for me since it's no fun being married to someone that irritable. We had moved out to California because of how wonderful of a job opportunity it sounded like, and it's been hard to see him as more and more promises were broken, and the situation there was more and more uncomfortable. Happily, this new job seems right up his alley. The company is a large one, so they've got great benefits, and overall seem like a good place to work. His commute will stay about the same, so that's good. He won't have to cross any bridges now, though, so that's $4/day raise right there!

Speaking of the benefits, the appear to cover infertility treatments, so we'll be firing up that machine again. We've got 5 embryos still in storage out east at our old facility, and it'll be easy enough to get them transferred out here (apparently FedEx really WILL ship anything!) and do a couple of rounds of FET. The only problem with that is I'm pretty apprehensive about stopping my fibromyalgia drugs and starting the fertility ones again. I'm really not looking forward to doing shots and bloodwork, that was so miserable. On the plus side, the facility is a sister clinic with the place I used to go to, and their location is right by work, so it'll be convenient.

And as a reminder to myself, I should probably post something about the newest fibromyalgia drugs I've tried recently. We are trying the neural inhibitor ones (Lyrica and Neurontin), with limited success so far. The Lyrica worked, but had unacceptable side effects. The Neurontin we're taking it slower, and no side effects yet, but no really noticible benefits either. No notable flareups though, so I'll be thankful for that at least.

Spring is here and I love it. Took some pictures of our rosebushes in the backyard yesterday, got some lovely pictures.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Glad to hear the job situation is better now. The rose is beautiful. You should send some pics to Grandpa, he would love to see them.