Friday, September 12, 2008

Day one ... only 180 or so to go

So, as I've mentioned before, in CA there is a required six month waiting period before the divorce is final.  The waiting period however, doesn't start until after the defendant is served their papers.  Finally after much waiting, I got served my papers today.  We've technically been seperated since Aug 4.

It's frustrating to have to go through all of this, but at least there's progress being made in one direction or another.

Other than that, there's not a whole lot to report on as far as the actual divorce goes.  We need to get into high gear to get our stuff seperated and gotten rid of so I can move to a smaller house so we're not paying an arm and a leg to keep up a huge house that we don't need.  Hopefully we'll make a start on that this weekend.

Also of interest this weekend, I'm planning on seeing a college roommate that I haven't seen in over 5 years.  I'm totally excited to see her!!  As long as timing works out, I'm planning on in two weeks from today/tomorrow heading up to Seattle for the weekend to hang out with her and another college roommate who live up that way.  I could use the time off, and it would be amazing to spend time with those girls.

No comments: