I'm spending a lazy Sunday evening around the house and it occured to me that it's been a while since I updated my blog. So, for anyone who isn't my friend on facebook to see the various status updates, here's the latest in Amy-land.
First and most major item of note, I have a job. It's a great place to work and my co-workers are great. Not to mention I can wear jeans on days besides casual Friday, so I'm loving it :). I started work on February 4, so it'll be a month soon. Hard to believe it's been that short of time, I've been so busy, it feels like a lot longer!
In personal life, I fulfilled one of my life-long dreams and am singing with the Mormon Choir of Washington DC. My mom has been a member since I was about 4, so it's so cool to finally go with her! I managed to slip up and show my competence with organizing, and am also the wardrobe chairman for the choir. Currently the job seems to consist of getting their dress system organized (wasn't much in place when I joined), and begging the women to bring back their dresses so I can put a number in them.
The other activity now taking up a big slice of my free time is ballroom dancing. It's been a hobby of mine since my roommates introduced me to it in college. Over the years when I was married I took about 5 years off since the husband never wanted to be involved. Finally I gave up on him going with me and started going to drop in parties at studios every now and then, and slowly started gaining my skills back that I'd managed to forget in the years off. Now there's a great studio a few miles from where I'm living and I'm taking regular lessons. The teachers there are awesome, and I'm having more fun than I have had in a long time, my teacher even thinks I've got real potential. It's also been good exercise, so I've got a figure that I haven't seen since college, and that's a real ego boost.
Still trying to get the last bit of divorce paperwork figured out, the lawyer is not being great about returning my phone calls. Honestly at this point I'm so sick of the divorce process and just want it to be over so I can figure out my life again. At least work and social life are going well in the meantime.
Fingers crossed for not too much snow tonight, I don't want my dance lesson tomorrow night to be cancelled!
No comments:
Post a Comment