So I realized it's been over a year since my last post. Lots of things have happened, some good, some ... eh. :) Here's some highlights. There's more I'm sure, but these are notable.
2009 -
In early 2009 I started going to lots of dances outside the studio, both salsa and ballroom style.
In June I cut my hair short and went blonde. The blonde got progressively lighter as the year went on.
In July I started dating Henry.
In August of 2009 I moved out of Mom and Dad's place and into my own apartment in Columbia.
In September I'm sure something interesting happened, but I can't think of it at the moment.
In October I bought my first car - a used 2009 Hyundai Sonata.
In November I adopted Bellatrix - a 2 year old calico kitty from a local shelter, so that Peeves would have some company. Also, one of my bestest friends from college visited me for a weekend. Kat, I miss you!
In December I performed in my first dance performances. Three in one night. A foxtrot with just me and Carlos to "Baby It's Cold Outside", a group Cha Cha routine to "Smooth", and a bellydance group routine to "Jan Jan". It was fantastic :) Dec. 30 my hair stayed short, but went dark brown. Also, December 31 I was introduced to public karaoke singing and became an instant addict.
2010 -
In January I had a car accident, broke up with Henry, gave Bellatrix back to the shelter (for tearing up Peeves' head and causing over $700 worth of damage and two dozen stitches...), and bought my first new car - a 2009 Nissan Sentra.
In February I got really sick of cold and snow.
In March I got really bored with my dating life and joined match.com and proceeded to have a gajillion dates. Ok, not that many, but a bunch.
In April I adopted a new kitty, her name is Cricket. She's 8 months old, and gets along far better with Peeves than Bellatrix. I also started dating someone with potential for something besides what seems to be the standard Match meetup of awkward first date etc, and then never go out again. Who knew, the internet is actually good for something!
So yeah, good times. I read back over the previous 5 years of posting, and there's been a lot of stuff that's happened to me, and a lot of it I would have never guessed looking at it from when I wrote the posts. I mean really, I would have never guessed 5 years ago that I would have been able to survive infertility treatments and adoption stuff (failing at both), moving, divorce, yet another layoff, moving cross country on my own, living with my parents for 9 months, then living on my own for 9 months, adopting kitties, car accidents, dating, dancing, fantastic friends and family. It hasn't always been the easiest road, but I'm grateful for the good times I've had and the experiences that have put me on the path to have those experiences. Like we sang for Marita's wedding "God Bless the Broken Road" :)
Here's to whatever cool stuff comes next!
1 comment:
You are such a strong woman and I am so proud of you!
Post a Comment