Sunday, November 16, 2008

Back to the East Coast

Good news, my cat Peeves and I have arrived safely in Maryland (flew in on the 15th) and are adjusting to living with my parents. So far so good, hopefully Peeves will get comfortable with the dog that lives here eventually! But in the meantime my parents gave us one of the biggest bedrooms, so he just hangs out there. He's doing well, so I'm grateful for that small miracle.

As for most of my worldly posessions, they are in storage and won't get retrieved until I figure out where to settle permanently. Monday (tomorrow) I'll work more on getting a job, but it has been nice to be somewhere that I can relax. I didn't realize just how stressed out I was on CA until now that I'm gone.

As for the divorce, I need to try and get a hold of our lawyer to get our addresses changed with the court and to get my asset/income/expenses list submitted. I'd been procrastinating submitting it until after I moved, so it's about that time.

One more shout out to my awesome parents for having a bedroom all ready for me when I got here along with all the kitty supplies Peeves needed, so I could just unpack and be all set. I'm so grateful for them for being here for me while my life is so crazy, they're helping more than they could ever know. Feeling like I belong somehwere again feels great.

Now I just need to try and get through this feeling of total surrealness, it feels so strange to be back in this house. I moved out nearly 15 years ago, so it's very odd to be back. There was almost no one left in the ward that I remembered.

1 comment:

David and Kimberly said...

Hi Amy! Well, at least you're done moving! Moving is awful - i hate packing, we have to move this week :/. Anyway, good luck out there and good luck finding a job! :)